Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saltwaterking

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi guys , I have a 75 reef as of now I'm running t5s on it and I'm looking for new lighting I'm a little stick between going led or geting the famous hqi metal halides lighting , what do you guys recommend hqi or led ?

It's so hard to say for sure right now. LEDs r still a little pricey, and u def need to do the research on them. Personally I wouldn't go with anything that didn't have at least 1 watt LEDs. Halides are def tried and true. What kinda fixture u got now? T-5 r pretty powerfully as well. Personally If I were you and was determined to upgrade now, I would just supplement with some LEDs for now. Then wait a couple years for the price to drop a little on LEDs, and some more definative answers on their capabilities.

Yeah I got deep blue fixture on their 4 bulbs on it now , they been working pretty good but I only have soft corals on their I'm going add hard corals on their and I know they need some strong light now LEDs aren't proven yet their still so new hqi are proven and 10000% will work great for any coral so idk if I wanna risk the money for LEDs right now

Back
Top Bottom