Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lionfish210

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Since buying my new t5 lighting, I've wanted to put a more "Blue Hue" into the lighting. How would you arrange the bulbs, in order from the front to back?

My fixture is a 6 bulb fixture, and the tank has various softies, lps, and a few sps and clams.

Could you post a pic of how it looks now to get an idea of how blue you want and what bulbs are you currently running

I know there's a little blur, but as you can see, there's a little more white light than I would prefer.

Attachments

• image-3364342626.jpg
    image-3364342626.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 96
Try 3 actinics and 3 10k. Or if still not blue enough add more actinic bulbs. What are your current bulbs? looks like you have some bad cyano.

That's not cyano. It's coralline algae. I've been having a war with it, trying to keep it off the front glass. But back to lighting, I use 3 12,000K and 3 actinic bulbs. I was thinking maybe 4 actinic, 1 10,000K and 1 12,000K (or 5 actinic and 1 12,000K)

Ok sorry cant tell form that angle. My lfs has an 8 bulb t5 and they use all actinic but one 10k maybe do something like that.

Back
Top Bottom