Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andyp

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
How long should I keep my blue and white bulbs on for

It can vary by opinions but its usually somewhere along 8-10 hours.

Mrc8858 said:
It can vary by opinions but its usually somewhere along 8-10 hours.

Am I right in saying keep my blue bulb on for longer as in 2 hours blue then both for 5 then blue again for 2

I would do about an hour on both ends with 7 full, but yes you could do that. May not see as much growth as you could but should be perfectly fine. What kind of fixture are you using.

Mrc8858 said:
I would do about an hour on both ends with 7 full, but yes you could do that. May not see as much growth as you could but should be perfectly fine. What kind of fixture are you using.

My tank is 125 litre and haven't got a light unit yet but been looking at the T5 Aquarium Fish Tank Overhead Lighting Two Tube System

That's roughly 30 gallons I believe? 2 t5s will only be able to support softies and low light lps. I would look into getting a 4 bulb or a led panel like the 120w taotronics.

Mrc8858 said:
That's roughly 30 gallons I believe? 2 t5s will only be able to support softies and low light lps. I would look into getting a 4 bulb or a led panel like the 120w taotronics.

Wts the best place and price for something like the LEDs

Back
Top Bottom