Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gatorjon

Aquarium Advice Activist
Getting ready to get lights so I. Can have coral in my 55. What is the best way to go? Can't afford LED's and wanted to see if I got a 2 bulb fixture would it be enough or should I be looking at a 4 bulbs fixture?

maybe some more information? such as the full dimension of your tank, the live stock you keeping? Or maybe even your budget?

Getting ready to get lights so I. Can have coral in my 55. What is the best way to go? Can't afford LED's and wanted to see if I got a 2 bulb fixture would it be enough or should I be looking at a 4 bulbs fixture?

2 bulb would not be enough for any coral. 4 bulb would be enough for some softies. I'd go with 6+ bulb or halide.

I have a 55 gallon that's 48 inches long. So 2 bulbs would not be enough? I was worried a 6 bulbs would be to wide for my tank.

gatorjon said:
I have a 55 gallon that's 48 inches long. So 2 bulbs would not be enough? I was worried a 6 bulbs would be to wide for my tank.

I also have a 55 gal with the same dimensions. I got an odyssea 48 inch 4 bulb fixture for a pretty good price off eBay. I keep everything from anemones to Lps to softies. Only thing I don't keep are sps.

I have a 55 g tank as well and I have a 4 bulb T5 HO set up with 8 moonlight LEDS it was like 102 shipped off e-bay and it works really well. Ive had it for a couple months so far and every coral is thriving in my tank. I have some zoas, frogspawn, torch, hammer, candy cane corals, bubble coral, purple sea whip and some others cant really remember.

I honestly don't remember the brand name- it's like an off -brand but can always change the bulbs!

Back
Top Bottom