Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Austriaguy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Kessil A350 vs Taotronics.
I have a 36 gallon bow front tank. I'm looking to hold an anemone, mostly lps, but with some sps higher up. I already have a few softies. I have about a 600 dollar price range. So either of these or something else is a possibility, I was wondering which one would be better for my situation.
Thank you in advance.

If u have 600 I would get a ecotech radion..I have one radion generation 2 on my 56 gallon cube and I can grow whatever I want and I have even had acroporas on my sand bend

Just throwin my hat in here. Tao 120 watt dimmable 51% Blue 49% White. Blue and White are on separate Dimmers. I've got one on my 40b and P-L-E-N-T-Y of coverage. Save yourself the $400.00 and get a controller or something. Just my $0.02

Taotronics are garbage ..too big to many plugs.u get what u pay for

I have a maxspect razor 27" 1600k and I really like it. I am upgrading though to 2 reef breeder 16's (the photon) only because the razor doesn't cover my 150 completely.

TaoTronics Lights

Taotronics are garbage ..too big to many plugs.u get what u pay for

They may be garbage but if they last half the time advertised, 25,000 hours, and are a 1/3 the price (at most); with a 7 hour lighting schedule one unit would last 9.75 years. Buy a new light every 9.5 to 10 years. Seems like a good option to me. But what do I know...?

(y)

Different design of LED lightings will suit different requirements. Some aquarists are just concerned of the PUR and not the looks and convenience. While others would spend extras for additional features and capabilities to make their DT more entertaining. Manufaturers would advertise their LEDs with so much power or wattage but in reality you only use a fraction of it even at max setting to prolong its lifespan. In simple terms, you get what your money's worth for.

Back
Top Bottom