Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

me1newman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was wondering if anyone can tell me what kind of lights on a 75 gal. tank do i need. I am looking for the ones that make the fish and corals look like they are under a blacklight. Sorry I am new to this!!!

Those would be actinics. As for specifics - everybody who answers your post wil want to know what type of corals you want to keep. The requireents on lighting can be different for different types.

Where are you at in Texas? I'm a displaced native !

Welcome to AA :smilecolros:

Well I don't really know what I am going to put in the tank I can tell you that right now i have live sand, live rock, a few snails, and a few crabs. In the future I do want to put in some anemones and some "Pretty Color" fish LOL don't know what all just know i have wanted a Saltwater Tank for years and here we are trying to get one going.

As far as where i am at in Texas..... I live in Denton I don't know if you know where that is or not but it is about 30 min North of Dallas..

Thanks for your help
Melissa :fadein: :lilangel:

Yep ! Know where Denton is.

Take it slow - be patient - and think about perhaps a power compact lighting system. I would get rid of the aquarium/ plant light as the spectrum is not appropriate for saltwater algae and such. I have a 2 X 65 watt light from Current USA. Check out BigAlsonline for some decent prices and good service.

As you get more advice, you will find that some anemones can be tricky. Don't get one for a while until you tank stablizes.

As for the live rock problem from the other post - sorry about the bum deal. Give the rock time, you might be surprised at what did survive.

Best of luck.

JG

Back
Top Bottom