Lighting and Bubble tip anenome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What size tank and which fixture do you have? It looks like those setups would work, but are probably better for lower light corals like zoas, mushrooms, leathers and LPS.
Also, if you just setup your tank, wait a good 6 month to a year before attempting to keep a delicate animal like an anemone.

I agree with Larry that a mature tank of 1 yr is needed for an anenome. Stable water parameters are needed thus the need for a mature tank.

BTA and Lighting

I have a 29 gallon bowfront with
24 - 36” - (23) 10,000K White & (4) 460 nm Blue 1W LEDs – 1670 Lumens
I did buy a BTA and a marron clown. The BTA moved around the first 24 hours but has seemed to foot.

they sure don't give much information about this fixture. i would want to see PAR numbers before i spent the money. take some pictures and keep us updated.

Stable tank is recommended for any anemone, but if your water levels are ok it should be fine. I had a 46 gallon that I added a BTA after 4 months and he did amazing, I just transferred him to a 112 gallon that has only been running for about a month, but he is doing just fine in there as well. You just have to stay on top of your water parameters. Make sure to use RODI when setting up, make sure your salt and temp is always consistent. After a couple weeks check to make sure PH and other parameters are good, and if so, your BTA will be just fine. Contrary to what people think or say, BTA are very adaptive and tough. Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom