Lighting for small frag tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oscarr19

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have an old 10g that I'm using as a QT tank and I'm thinking of turning it into a frag tank once I have added all my fish. It's 17" high and I was wondering if a par30 bulb would suffice over a par38. Keep in mind I'd be fragging sps.

Do not really know much about par 30 but do have a par 38 over my 5 gallon frag/invert tank and i have been able to keep lps,softies, and lps. But imo id get the par 38 the price difference is not that big

Where did you buy it? The ones at my hardware store here go for roughly 40$ but they're just white lights, no blue.

I got a ecoxotic par38 20000k 3 blue 2 white from marine depot for I think $120

But check out boostled.com or rapidled.com they're like $70 to $80...I know not $40 but much better suited for reef use then a standard bulb from Home Depot

You are not going to get an all white light imo. Id spend the extra $40 and get one from rapid led they have great reviews and coloration. If you dont want to spend extra money id suggest setting up the tank and letting it cycle and save up little extra and then order the light

You have to get a reef light no question! Regular light just will not do what you need! Rapidled par 38 33watt $89

alright I guess ill pick up the rapid led model when the time comes. Thanks guys.

Back
Top Bottom