Lighting; fowlr 2 reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikestanked

Aquarium Advice Freak
29G FOWLR 2 29G REEF
:cool:
LED v T5 fixture
In the near future (before the end of the year) i plan on upgrading to a REEF setup, and my question is about lighting.

I plan on keeping hard and soft corals, and at least one anemone (for my marooon clown, maybe a BTA or sebae if compatible )

I want LED for the overall look of the tank and LED's are Awesome.
but the price is usually just over my budget for what i really want.

And the T5 fixture is more customizable ( i guess, because of the different kind of bulbs?) and quite a bit less expensive.

my REAL question is whats the best route to take.
i want something that the user doesn't really have to maintain. Fair priced quality equipment, that doesnt heat the tank up, and doesnt kill the electricity bill.

AM I DREAMING, or does this Fixture exist? :popcorn:

I have the same fixture but mine is 36" and I think 39w x 2 bulbs. My corals seem to do good with the 10000k and atinic bulb that came with it. Very affordable too.

There are several members of the forum that use the taotronics LEDs over there reefs with success. I don't personally use them, but have Radions above my tank. LEDs are great at getting light to penetrate into your tank. Might be something to look into and hopefully some of the taotronics users will chime in.

Sniperhank said:
There are several members of the forum that use the taotronics LEDs over there reefs with success. I don't personally use them, but have Radions above my tank. LEDs are great at getting light to penetrate into your tank. Might be something to look into and hopefully some of the taotronics users will chime in.

They are awesome!!! I can grow anything... Added a recent pic. I have clams, nem's, lps, sps, softies, and shrooms...

Attachments

• image-3229306395.jpg
    image-3229306395.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 67
Back
Top Bottom