lighting my next 75 build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

czwicky

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I'm debating what I want to do as far as lighting for my my next tank which will be a 75 sps dominant build. I want to go with good,reliable lights. Ive used the taotronics already and they are ok but I personally think they give crappy color for high light acros etc. I've been looking at AI sols or vega, the maxspect razor(not sure if they make a 48" version or if 2 20" versions would work) , the kessil pendants, or maybe the ecotech razors if I can find them for cheap. Also if anyone knows of any good 8-10 bulb t5ho fixtures that are not gonna make me go broke I would also consider those. I'm not too into MH because of heat issues and I want as much consistency as possible since this is going to be an sps dominant tank

There is a digital programmable Tao on amazon for $399 that has a broader spectrum of led colors, also has sunrise/sunset and nightlight features

I have a 125 mixed with nems, I had a 2 bulb ho T5 across the back for morning and evening, my main light was a 2x250 MH that sat about 3 inches off the water. I have had pretty 0 issues in the last 5 years with my tank, but current no longer makes my MH lighting fixture and it was slowly falling apart, so I took the plunge and bought 2-27" 160 watt 10K maxspect razor. I was very concerned that my nems would be unhappy with the new lighting and move and get sucked into one of the 5 PH. They havnt moved in 5 years. But 2 weeks in and the lights at 90% during peak days times, and sitting 6 inches off the water, everything seems fine, I will take them to 100 next week. They only make a 20 and a 27. These are very nice lights, sleek, well made, They come with adjustable tank brackets and all the ceiling hanging hardware. I like the look, the shimmer and color is just as good as my MH were. The programming is set up for manual, 2 preset lighting programs and a total programable mode. A very nice piece of equipment

Do you guys think that 2x of the maxspect razor 20" would provide sufficient coverage of a 48" aquarium?

Back
Top Bottom