Lighting on a 36 tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Terryc

Aquarium Advice Regular
Do you think one of them Chinese programmable 120w led lights will be ok on a 36 Long and 30 deep tank with sps and lps corals or should I save up and go for the new radion?

Depend of the lenght of the light. It must cover a good part of the tank wide, or you'll get shadow spots. I got a 60w for my 20g, it's 24" wide and it do the job.

The lights 24 long, leaving 6 each side. I'm thinking if I put say 10-12 inches from the water it shouldn't get dark spots.

The lights 24 long, leaving 6 each side. I'm thinking if I put say 10-12 inches from the water it shouldn't get dark spots.

That's a perfect light for your tank IMO. You'll not be able to run it over 60%-60% peek daytime. I can't run my 60w for more than 5 hours peek at 60W%-60B%.

Anyway, it's always good to keep room for going up.

I'm already running 2 tmc aquaray aqua beam reef white at 100% but i think the Chinese fixtures are a lot brighter

It has 51x3w LEDs and the aquabeams only have 5 Cree LEDs. They do light my hole tank up thou. No dark areas

Yeah I think I will. Thanks for the advice

Back
Top Bottom