Lighting question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
His feedback is kinda low too. And it says he has only sold 1 of them so far. I would be dubious...But thats just me, I can be a bit paranoid sometimes. lol

I may buy one myself if he has a 48" 6 bulb system. My hallides are too much so I'm thinking of going with a 4 or 6 bulb system.

This is the reply I received from my question:

All fixtures and bulbs are used for less than 1 month. Fixtures are tested for about an hour before re-packaging.

I think I'm gonna go for it.

My light just shipped. Funny thing is it shipped from 2 different locations:blink:, not sure what's up with that but part of it will arrive today according to tracking info.:hide:

60" x 14"? that doesn't make sense. i bet it's 60" x 24". that looks like a hydroponics fixture to me. if it's truly 14" wide, then there is only a single reflector for all of those lamps, and i wouldn't buy it. even the 60" tek light from sunlight supply is almost 20" wide.

My light just shipped. Funny thing is it shipped from 2 different locations:blink:, not sure what's up with that but part of it will arrive today according to tracking info.:hide:

I bet the fixture shipped from one location and the lamps from another. Curious to see how it shakes out. I need to upgrade my lighting. Let us know when you receive it.

60" x 14"? that doesn't make sense. i bet it's 60" x 24". that looks like a hydroponics fixture to me. if it's truly 14" wide, then there is only a single reflector for all of those lamps, and i wouldn't buy it. even the 60" tek light from sunlight supply is almost 20" wide.

It says seperate reflector for each 2 bulbs.

• Dimensions - 59.50" x 14.00" x 2.85"
  • Includes four 10000K bulbs
  • Includes four Actinic 460nm bulbs
  • Supports standard T5 HO 80 watt bulbs
  • Supports eight T5 HO 80 watt bulbs
  • Power cord - 10 ft
  • Four power switches to control separate sets of bulbs
  • Plug and play external ballasts for easy maintenance
  • Energy efficient electronic ballasts
  • Contoured reflector for every two bulb for high reflectivity
  • Can be hung horizontal or vertical
  • Built-in electronic ballasts for high energy efficiency
  • Built-in hanging wire for easy installation
  • Body color - textured brown
So it appears to be 14" wide (could be a typo I don't know yet) and has seperate relectors for each 2 bulb group.

quick measurement of the picture looks like you may be right, crap. May be too big for my tank.:banghead:

I'll know tomorrow, the fixture will be here then.

oops...looks like i'm a little late.

Better late than never, welcometo the party.:dance:

yeah, i saw the 2 bulbs per reflector thing after i typed that. i still find it hard to believe it's 14" wide. maybe.

Did you receive your light yet? Im looking at the same one, i have a 72 gallon bowfront with some anemone's and other live rock. would this be enough light? the 6 bulb one?

Did you receive your light yet? Im looking at the same one, i have a 72 gallon bowfront with some anemone's and other live rock. would this be enough light? the 6 bulb one?

I would think it would be, but no I have not received my light. According to the tracking I will receive 1 package tomorrow (29 lbs) and then another 8 lbs on Tuesday.

I will be able to tell you exactly what I receive and the correct size. Which I'm hoping it's the 14" and not 24", if it's 24" then it will over hang my tank by 6 inches and that's not acceptable. unless maybe I hang the overhang to the rear and not use the light set for 7 and 8. Don't want to do that either.

Well we shall know tomorrow

I would think it would be, but no I have not received my light. According to the tracking I will receive 1 package tomorrow (29 lbs) and then another 8 lbs on Tuesday.

I will be able to tell you exactly what I receive and the correct size. Which I'm hoping it's the 14" and not 24", if it's 24" then it will over hang my tank by 6 inches and that's not acceptable. unless maybe I hang the overhang to the rear and not use the light set for 7 and 8. Don't want to do that either.

Well we shall know tomorrow

You can always send it to me. :angel: Just trying to be helpful of course.

Back
Top Bottom