Lighting Question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Verbalkint

Aquarium Advice Activist
Saw a PC light the other night at the LFS.. Almost bought it.
24" 2x65W Coralife Aqualight CF hood, 1x Actinic and 1x 10,000K, -Straight Pin (Blubs included).

I am SO Glad I did not.
The LFS wanted $165 for it.
Just found it online for $113

Even after shipping, Total: 123.64

I still have not bought it, as I would like some feed back on this setup. Has anyone here used / is anyone here using this light?
Thoughts, comments?

I will eventually be getting 2 more of these, if this pans out.

Many Thanks

Dave

Coralife is a great brand. Yes, online it is much cheaper than a lfs has to offer IMO. I have the 4x65w retro and love it. Keep checking online..you might be able to find it cheaper yet. Mine was $180.00 for a 48" kit.

Mike

Thanks for the info.

The LFS has the 48" dual one (4x65) for about 300$'s,
Where as its $196 online.

http://www.hellolights.com/48cfpchoods.html

Looked on ebay, and by the time you pay their shipping, it's just as much.. (And ebay isn't the most reputable place in the world either, eh).

Now, how to 'convince' my wife I need one by next week.. ;-/

You would be very happy with the coralife hood. They make a great product!

Just tell her that the lighting is the most important investment in this hobby and you want to do it right. Ebay has some reputable merchants, you just want to make sure they have a good track record with Ebay. I have purchased a few things on there for my tank and have been happy with them. It's all about constant research in this hobby that will save you money in the end.

Mike

Now, here's a stupid question...

Whats the diff between what I was looking at, and the retro version of the same light?

What is missing that makes it 10$ cheaper?

Not a stupid question. The retro kit that I have has a remote ballast that is installed under the stand. This type attaches to the canopy itself so it is off the glass top. I like the retro so I don't have to move the tops during maintenance.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom