Lighting Question???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Todd

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am setting up a 150 Gal. AGA FOWLR for now. I plan on buying compact flourescents. My aquarium has 2 plastic braces on on top the tank approx. 20" apart. What size lighting should I go with? One 72", two 36", or three 20" long lights. Won't the braces cause shadows in the tank? Is it just a matter of preference(and price)? What do you guys think?

Braces should pose too much of a problem. I would go with whatever you can afford... Get the most light that your dollar will pay for. If you can't get 2 mh then go for PC lighting. Look at the wattage and get the highest. Also check with www.captivereefs.com and you will get a discount for being an AA member.

I was looking at this light set at captivereefs. Will this be good? My tank is 29" tall and I want to make sure I have enough lighting. But I don't want to go overboard, seeing as though I am just doing a FOWLR.
72" Coralife Lunar Aqualight Moonlight Hood 4 x 96 watt power compact bulbs. Built in fans. And 4 Lunar Moonlights in a sleek black hood ..........
$340

I would go with the 72" rather than 2 36" so there will be less bulbs to replace when it comes time to doing so.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom