Lighting questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nesamar22

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everybody!
Im new to Aquarium Advice and I had a question so here it goes: A few years ago I started out with a 30 gallon FOWLR tank and I had it for about a year and a half before I tore it down. A friend of mine is gave me a power compact 50/50 light, which got me thinking and makes me want to start up a new tank. Im thinking mini-reef. I was thinking about the JBJ 6 gallon nano cube, but i was wondering a how far the lighting on there will take me. It comes with a 50/50 powercompact light (coincidence) , and i was wondering what corals i would be able to keep with this light.????

I wouldn't think you would need to powerful of lights for such a small aquarium but I will have to wait for other to re-assure this.

How many watts is the light. It takes a lot of effort to do a 6 gal reef. Hard to keep the water perfect. Dilution is the answer to pollution.

Well after you put in the rock and sand it may be enough. More important is how deep is your 6g tank. It's all about penetration.

You should be OK on the 6 gallon tank with them. Maybe some moderate light soft corals and LPS corals.

Back
Top Bottom