lighting the fug

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beachbumin

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Im getting a hob fug and was looking at an extra 18w pc on ebay. I was wondering if this would be enough light since ill also have my main pcs on it too or if i could stand to get a little more power directly over the fug. Any help is appreciated!

It probably would be enough for a HOB fuge. What size is the fuge? You might be able to use a 32 watt PC over it...they're pretty short.

Also the best lighting source for the $$$ is the LOA you can buy at Lowes or Hd. LOA (LIghts of america) is a 65 watt light that does really well. REMEMBER the yellower the light for Macro the better. 6500 IMHO is the best

Sorry not eco but close its a cpr aquafuge. Mrrrkva i didnt think about the LOA route but thanks a lot! Now i hope i can get a refund for the light i bought!!

I got the 18 watt light that came with the aquafuge and I am very pleased with it. It is set opposite my tank lights so it also creates a neat effect at night. My macro is growing like a weed so I would recommend it. If you want PM me and I will tell you where I found it. It was about $60

Doan

Awesome doan theres the answer i was looking for!!!! I already have a two stage lighting system with the moonlight so ill probally keep the lights pretty close to that. What kind of macro do you have in the fug?

Back
Top Bottom