lime water as kalk substitute?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

piggybank2005

Aquarium Advice Activist
some people do this and i am just wondering does anyone here do this and how do you make the lime water.

Pick yourself up some Balls or Mrs Wages Pickling Lime from your grocery store and mix up 1 or 2 teaspoons per gallon of RO or DI water and mix gently. Let stand air tight for at least a few hours and siphon off clear liquid into a dosing container and drip about 1 drop per second into an area of high flow. Make sure you monitor PH, alk and ca until you get comfortable and make changes to the drip rate and/or lime additions accordingly. Best to drip after lights out. Real easy to do after you get in the habit. HTH

That's from what I understand. Everything else can be achieved with regular water change.

Just started using Mrs. Balls Pickling Lime. I am starting to notice an increase in my coralline. It's a lot cheaper than buying commercial kalk. 8)

I am using Ball's lime right now. For just over a buck, you can't beat this stuff. I buy up all of it at one time when I go to the grocery store. I get weird looks from the cashier every time I check out with 10lbs of Kalk.

:D

Back
Top Bottom