lion fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bosslady

Aquarium Advice Regular
My lion fish seems to be staying in the corner of my tank. He is staying in the current of the proteing skimmer. He is eating well. Do lions like the current? Is this normal?

Jeanett

I'm not sure about the current, but my lion always use to go to the same corner of the tank after each time I fed him. I have read that they like to hang out in secluded areas so maybe yours just happened to pick a corner with a current.

Maybe someone else has more input.

My lion does a similar thing. He is not in the current but he has his spot on the live rock where he hangs out when he is not swimming. This is a normal thing. Every lion I have seen has done something like this.

I have 1 that does stay in the current and sems to like it, the other 3 dont do this.
I just think it depends on the lion and it's personality. The one that like the current is my shy lion, it just hangs upside down near one of my flows.

Kaye

I agree, it depends on the lion. Mine doesn't like the current, but he also never hides. He likes to be out in the open and is not shy at all.

My lion like to hang out in the top corner. And sometimes he will hang out on the rocks too.

Back
Top Bottom