Lionfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bettasrcool

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Are there any types of lionfish that can go in a 14 gallon biocube? Some places say a min. of 30, but they also say 20 gallons for a clown fish... And what is their growth rate because the size I can buy them at is 1-3"
Thanks!

Do you know how fast they grow cause i wouldnt have it for more than 2 years...

No, they are not acceptable in a 14g. Although the bare minimum is 30g, they do get around 7" so you would be better off with a minimum of a 40g "breeder". More than likely the lionfish will be over the 4" mark by two years if not larger if purchased at 1"-2".

No, they are not acceptable in a 14g. Although the bare minimum is 30g, they do get around 7" so you would be better off with a minimum of a 40g "breeder". More than likely the lionfish will be over the 4" mark by two years if not larger if purchased at 1"-2".

What he said!

ahhhhh the LPS has a lionfish in a thirty gallon tank...it breaks my heart to see it....makes me want to start a new tank and get him the **** out of there...he can barely move....he just stares out...we aren't out to impare the fish's life, we are here to observe them...all fish need space...just like we do....don't punish the fish for your enjoyment...happy fish are healthy fish

Back
Top Bottom