lionfish in a 25 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

philly

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have a 25 gal. with 20 lbs. of lr i want a lionfish and i was wondering if there are any other fish that are compatible with it. and what lionfish i shoould get!

oh ya and what should i feed it

The only lionfish for a tank 30 gal plus is a dwarf lion. Anything smaller than a 30G for a dwarf lion is suicide. I don't think you'll find anyone recommending a whole lot of percs much less a lion fish in a 25G tank.

GL,
-PC

I wouldnt call it suicide. I believe i read an article in Aquarium Fish magazine which says you can keep them in a 25, what are the dimensions of the tank? You will probably get some pros on this subject soon.
HTH

Very messy eaters, so easily bad water in a 25. Unless you have a 50g fuge attached to add water volume or are committed to daily water changes I would probably pass until you can setup something a little larger.

20 gallon

Twinspot Lionfish

30 gallon

Shortfin Lionfish
Zebra Lionfish
Spotfin Lionfish
Deepwater Lionfish
Clearfin Lionfish

55 gallon

Russell's Lionfish
Volitans Lionfish

All Lionfish in this group are venemous.

Mike

i have a powerhead with a quick filter, a AquaClear 50 Power Filter - 110 V, a glass hood, 2 florecent bulbs 1blue 1 white and a really awesome heater.

what else do i have to buy to be able to have a zebra dwarf lionfish.

and how much live rock should i get

If you haven't read this yet, you definitely should from top to bottom.

Lionfish Captive Care

For experts, it can be successful to snip the minimum requirements a little bit. For new aquarists, it can be an easy recipe for disaster, most often for the fish. Bioload wise, this will just about max out your tank when full grown, which leaves no room for tankmates. The dwarves are not very active, and this could also get boring fairly quickly. I would opt for fish better sized to fit in a 12"x24" tank that would make the tank seem much more active than its small size.

Back
Top Bottom