Lionfish + Porcupine Puffer = Compatible?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Foible

Aquarium Advice Regular
Can and will a lionfish and a porc puffer coexist peacefully in the same tank if it is a large enough tank? Does anyone have personal experience with this? Or if anyone has any knowledge of other fish that are pretty, cool, or interesting that can cohabit with a porcupine puffer I'd love that information.

:?: :?: :?:

i would agree as long as the tank is large enough to handle them i would say a 55 would be ok. a 75 would be better

Thanks. I was thinking more like a 150 gallon. Don't porcs get longer than a foot?

We have a porc, volitan lion, and a humu trigger together in a 90 gallon. None of them are overly aggressive. I guess as long as it's not small enough for them to think it's food it will be fine. I've actually been quite surprised to observe no mean behaviour from any of them. But they do have personalities and are very curious.

In what order did you introduce them into the tank and what size were they?

Thanks!

The trigger was a trade in so he was about 2 1/2 to 3 inches long he was first. Then the puffer next at about 3 inches long, then the lion last and he is about (body) 3 inches long. They're all kinda big for new fish.

Back
Top Bottom