Lionfish... pregnant... or.. fat...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MichaelsLilGray

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just as said.. is it just that fat? i mean.. i know i feed it well.. but jez lol..

img_961426_0_9ed6c9a33c2bf3da06a834770b32f682.jpg

img_961426_1_b8659ee743ac8e024eb456866b07bf5d.jpg

Ghost shrimp, and the occasional minnow... around 5 threwout the whole day lol.. he is 7" long.. they are close to 1/2 inch.

Stop feeding minnows and get the animal trained onto prepared foods. Are feeding every day?

If it eats ghost shrimp just gut-load them and feed out instead. I would feed 2-3 times/week (do not satiate).

There isn't much to ghost shrimp so you want to gut-load them by feeding them nutritious foods, thus acting as a delivery method of getting more nutrition to the lionfish. Basically, you are loading the gut of your ghost shrimp with food and then feeding out.

ok gotcha =D sorry i wasnt really thinking about that at the moment lol. id feed him silversides.. but im not really fond of the fats in them =/

Silversides are not bad as long as other foods are incorporated into the overall diet, which also helps to stimulate appetite. I consider silversides one of the staples.

ive just read.. and heard so many different things its unbelievable lol. some say goldfish are fine, i think there not. others say silversides are ok.. some dont.. its just redonkulous how many different people have ideas for how to raise and feed these guys lol

Back
Top Bottom