Lionfish questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sillyfishies

Aquarium Advice Addict
What species would you reccomend for a 55 and how many could I get. Are there any tank mates or a ray that can fit in a 55?

Dwarf lionfish will work in a 55. As far as tankmates, just make sure the lion can't eat it.... and they do have relatively large mouths for their size. Just think largemouth bass....
Since you posted this in the "reef" section, if this is going into a reef tank be aware that lions are poop machines, and more frequent water changes will be needed to keep nitrates down.

As far as rays... no, there are none that will fit into a 55. On top of them needing a very large footprint tank, they are considered difficult/expert care level creatures.

Dwarf lionfish will work in a 55. As far as tankmates, just make sure the lion can't eat it.... and they do have relatively large mouths for their size. Just think largemouth bass....
Since you posted this in the "reef" section, if this is going into a reef tank be aware that lions are poop machines, and more frequent water changes will be needed to keep nitrates down.

As far as rays... no, there are none that will fit into a 55. On top of them needing a very large footprint tank, they are considered difficult/expert care level creatures.

I was planning on a reef. Didnt realize this was the reef section? Where's the best place to put this?

You posted in "Saltwater Reef Aquaria"...... Under the Saltwater heading, there's a section for "Saltwater Fish only & FOWLR" (Fish Only With Live Rock)

You posted in "Saltwater Reef Aquaria"...... Under the Saltwater heading, there's a section for "Saltwater Fish only & FOWLR" (Fish Only With Live Rock)

I always thought this said "saltwater aquaria" so the same thing as the general freshwater part. Sorry!

Back
Top Bottom