Little bugs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lordviporscorpi

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i looked in my aquarium this morning right when the light turned on and i noticed that there was several littel bug like things. What the hell are they? will they afect my tank?

also when i turn off all the filter and there is no circulation in my thank they all seem to like to gather at the top of the water.

whats up with that?

edited

When you say gather at the top of the water do you mean at the top of the substrate or actually near the surface of the water?

Like Reeflady suggested, they are pods. They come out at night because there is less chance of them getting eaten at night. They head back to the rock and sand during the day.

Thanks, I was just wondering if they were the free swimming stage of pods, and what they were doing at the top of the water, LOL

Mine always just "run" around.

I have them as well and was curious about them. I enjoy watching them, very interesting. Thanks for the info.

i had them once too. i found they helped with some algae problem i was having. if you get too grossed out try manderins, they love eating them.

Back
Top Bottom