Little white bugs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gooyferret

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Is it common to see amphipods during the day when the lights are on? I believe thats what they are called...or ceopods....something like that having a brain fart today 8O I have them all over the glass all day long in my 125gal tank, maybe i have an overpopulation? What you guys think every seen them during the day?

I have them in my substrate. They run around like little bugs all day and climb through the algae. Amazing what you see when you look up close.

Well i cant see them on the LS but they are all over the glass....And i mean hundreds of them that i can see just imagine how many there really is. 8O

Yeah, they're all over my LR. I haven't looked at them at night in a long time, so I can only guess what I'd see.

It's not uncommon to see copepods on the glass during the day. I also wouldn't worry about being over populated. They're numbers will fluxuate depending on the food source in your tank.

Im not worried about overpopulation since i havent begun to start putting fish in the tank. besides my 3 royal grammas, and orangesholder tang. Once i get more fish that will help cure it alittle.

Back
Top Bottom