Live foods business venture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

morphviper

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a tank with a Lion and a couple of triggers and a puffer. I have been feeding Live saltwater foods to them for years since after weeks of fustration of trying to get them on dry or frozen foods.
Now I know that Live foods aren't the best because they are usually fresh water minnows and goldfish.

But My question is what kind of market it there for live foods like saltwater minnows, small fish, clams, and shrimp.
I have an aquarium service and my customers love the live foods for there tanks.(except those who don't like the carnage involved) :)

What are the pros and cons?

my pros: healthy natural living. good color. live food can live in your sump or wetdry filter.

Cons: can't think of any. that is why I am posting.

I am looking for all input, good or bad. this might be a business venture.

con would be the cost of upkeep for the feeders. That is why most feeders are freshies, they are cheaper to buy and to hold. If you have the room, time and equipment to do so, your fish would love you for it. Providing the best enviornmet for your friends is the goal of our hobby. The closer we are to natural living quarters of the ocean the healthier and happier the family will be!!! :D

What if I could offer these prices?

Minnows 100 for $20
shrimp 100 for $20
small clams 100 for $30
assorted large feeders 100 for $35

Would poeple buy them for there fish??

Keeping is easy if you have a sump or a sick tank.

Any input is helpful!

Back
Top Bottom