livestock advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reeferman420

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello. Looking for new fish for my 40 breeder reef. Currently have tomato clown, maroon clown. 4 stripe damsel, 6 line wrasse, scooter blenny, sharknose goby, 2 sexy shrimp and one peppermint shrimp. Also a condylactis anemone. All the fish are currentl under 2 in besides the blenny who's a good 2.5 in. My nitrates are never above 5ppm. I run 20 long sump with coralife 220 skimmer and fuge with chaeto and caulerpa. I was thinking maybe a coral beauty angel, or a anthias idk any suggestions!?

Stay away from anthias. They need swimming room. Coral beauty should be ok, but wouldn't add anything after that.

Anthias dont like bright light in reefs. I have one and the poor guy stays under an overhang 95% of the time because my lights are so bright.

Get a Midas blenny. I have one in my 40 breeder. Beautiful flash of golden yellow.

Thanks. I'm changing mind on coral beauty angel. Didn't realize they call for 60+ gallon. Also I have a scooter blenny already and have read its not good to mix blennies as they can be aggressive towarrds there own kind. I'm actually gonna get 2 urchin clingfish. Lfs has a pair that look and act healthy. They are pretty cool fish!

You could do a Sunburst Anthias. I have one and it's tough as nails, eats well, and swims in the open under bright lights all the time. 36" long tank is all it will ever need regardless of what you read.

Its full of coral. I buy new frags all the time. And the clowns are pairing I believe. They are togethe all the time, the tomato nips sometimes until the maroon follows. They are quite amusing to watch haha the tomato is twice the size of the maroon

Went to lfs today...no clingfish :/ ended u coming home with a 3 in flower anemone. I placed him on the glass where my clowns hangout. Hoping they host since the sexy shrimp took over the condy

Back
Top Bottom