Living quarters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bubble Tip Anemones are the best for occelaris clownfish (which I assume you have). They are the easist to care for and have the best chance for a cloenfish to host it. BUT they need really good water conditions and high lighting. Definitely wouldn't recommend for a beginner. Plus, it moves around the tank to find a plaec it likes, and it can damage other inverts/fish/corals.

Carpets can be downright nasty..i have heard of them eating fish ,,even the hosting fish..I would get a bubble tip over a carpet

Do you have corals? I had a condy anemone (the one in my pic) that my clarkii clown loved. But the nem moved around and killed my $50 torch coral!! My favorite one too! No more anemones for me I like the coral more!! Good luck

Ihad a condy and it took over a third of my tank when all spread out. I ended up returning hi with no store credit just to get it out of my tank. Clowns are also not know to host this particular nem either, it could happen but it's doubtful. It also has been reported to eat fish. Way too much stress for me! LOL

Kevbrew said:
Im looking to buy a Haddon's Carpet Anemone for my tank and was wondering if this is ok for the clownfish or if there is a beter one to get?

You need to research,you will see that they get to be three feet wide.Plus as others said they will eat anything close to them.

How big is your tank?
They can grow fast and get up to 3 feet across.

Back
Top Bottom