lonely fish??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

keu131

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i was just wondering if a little clown fish will be ok in an aquarium on its own? we recently had some big water problems and this lil fish is the only one of four to survive... i have fixed all the problems but i am about to have a baby any day now and so can not afford just at this moment to get some more fishes.. when the baby is home and everything has hopefully gone according to plan with no out of the blue large expenses we will be able to get more fish.. this could take a month or two for life to settle down enuf.
will the fish be ok on its own? i really hope so..

thank you very much!

He'll be fine.. as long as you take care of the tank and feed 'em.

They are a fish that likes to be with it's own kind. I would get another one as soon as you can. He will thank you for it.

Uhm.. not entirely. He'll do fine on his own. You CAN get another of it's own kind.. but don't expect them to love each other right away.. heck, the may not even like each other at all. It's just the way things are. You can't have expectations in SW because things never go completely as planned. Trust me.. :/

He'll be fine. Good luck with your Baby and worry about getting him a tank mate when you are ready to spend the time with your tank again.
PS: when you do get him a tankmate, either get one that is much larger then him or much smaller then him. This will cut down on the in fighting .

thanks for the advice guys! he seems to be doing fine and dandy so far.. i hope he keeps going that way! :D

Back
Top Bottom