Long nose hawkish feedback

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anovack

Aquarium Advice Freak
Has anyone had a long nose hawk fish and recommend it and say reef safe?

Reef safe but impossible to keep without a tight fitting top. They are masters at jumping thru tiny holes to their death.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I recommend it. I've had one for about a year now and he's a lot of fun to watch. I have a 57 gal rimless without a lid...hopefully Greg doesn't jinx me:)

Dude...its a matter of time. With out the jinx, in fact I sent a prayer to the fish God to send positive vibes your way...

Get some clear mesh or I fear you will be picking him up one morning. They are renown for jumping. I have lost three over the years even with having a top. They seem to find that one hole to jump thru. The Houdini fish. JMO good luck.

I'm going to make a tight lid out of 1/4" mesh.

Doing a 40B build and have had a ton thought on stocking. Would you recommend the below possibilities? I have about 60 pounds of reef saver rock I'm sitting on right now so I will have a lot of play with making a lot of caves and hiding spots.

Option1
Pair of ice O. Clowns (possibly one)
High find goby
Long nose hawkish
Mystery or six line wrasse

Option 2
Pair of ice o. Clowns (possibly one)
High fin goby
Royal basslet
Flame angel
Mystery or six line wrasse

I really would like a flame angel above all. Would an flame and wrasse be too much in a 40? Also I heard some flames are good and then out of no where they turn crazy. Any experience having those? Feel free to suggest other live stock.

Thanks,

I wouldn't put a dwarf angel in a 40 with a wrasse. In all honesty, I wouldn't put a dwarf in a 40.

I think a dwarf would be fine in a 40b, there's just as much swimming space (if not more) as a 55, and IMHO it's easier to make a scape that allows for more territories/sight breaks with the foot print of the 40. That being said, I wouldn't put one in a reef, I'd go with a couple flasher/fairy wrasses instead, JMO though

Dude...its a matter of time. With out the jinx, in fact I sent a prayer to the fish God to send positive vibes your way...

Get some clear mesh or I fear you will be picking him up one morning. They are renown for jumping. I have lost three over the years even with having a top. They seem to find that one hole to jump thru. The Houdini fish. JMO good luck.

Dang it..I had no idea. Guess it's time to investigate mesh lid options

Back
Top Bottom