long tentacle anemone.... 2 questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saltcreep1025

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was at my LFS today and asked the guy if they had any anemones that would do well in a 35g tank with 110 watts of pc lighting... he said that a long tentacle anemone would be the only one requiring 3-4 watts/gallon. Is 3-4 w/g enough for a long tentacle anemone?

2nd questiong. I asked him what kind of clown would go with it and he said a clarkii. Is that the only clowd or do u think any others would work. I like the clarkii clown, but the percs look much cooler IMO =)

ty very much
ross

A clarkii or a pink skunk will pair naturally with a M. doreensis but I would urge caution placing that anemone in a smaller tank. They grow quite large and may end up smothering/stinging corals. If the anemone settles on the bottom of the tank (which this species often does), it may not get sufficient intensity depending on the depth of your tank.

Cheers
Steve

Long tentacle anemones do not have a good survival record in aquariums. How old is the tank? The standard recommendation is not to add an anemone to a tank that is less than 1 year old. I would research this very carefullly before buying one.

Back
Top Bottom