Long tentacle anemone and sail tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rx7grl17

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i've had my tank running for about a month and a half already and i have a long tentable anemone and a sail tang...for some weird reason my sail tang keeps getting closer and closer and starts touching the anemone...uummm...is this going to be ok? i'm hoping it is...please answer ASAP

What size tank is it? Have you had experience with saltwater tanks before? Usually anemones are for an established tank they can be quite challenging.

It should be fine. It's just investigating its surroundings.
How many gallons is the tank?
Type filter?
Describe the lighting units (type bulbs, total wattage).
What are the current water parameters? Ammonia, nitirte, nitrate, pH, salinity, temp, calcium and alkalinity. Please post numbers of results.
What else is in the tank (livestock and equipment)?

And .....

welcometoaa.gif

well my brother has had his tank for about a year and a half so i wanted one...i have a 20 gallon with a regular over hang filter, with power compacts

well im going to post before someone rips you apart and hopefully turn this into a learning eperience... saltwater tanks are a lot of fun but they need a lot of time and patience to develop. an anemone in a tank that young probably wont last for long, in some cases they do but a 20 gallon tank is way to small for any tang species. i would suggest doing some research online and maybe invest in some clownfish or a nano tank species. try taking the sailfin back

thanks guys, unfortunetly my anemone some how died and i took it out already...my water is perfect (amazingly). but thanks for the help =]

thanks guys, unfortunetly my anemone some how died and i took it out already...my water is perfect (amazingly). but thanks for the help =]

Perfect is always a suspect statement when dealing with a fish tank.

What are your water parameters?

Chances are the anemone didn't have enough lighting to survive and the water quality was not good enough to support it.

Also the tang should not be in a tank that small no matter how small the fish is right now. They need lots of swimming room. Also that tang will get rather large.

i've had my tank running for about a month and a half already and i have a long tentable anemone and a sail tang...

Impossible for a 1 month old tank to have perfect water....as you saw by the death of your anemone.

Please...research before you buy. Both purchases were bad ideas for the age and size of the tank.

Back
Top Bottom