Long-Tentacled Anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

awillemd1

Aquarium Advice Activist
Can someone tell me if a Percula Clownfish will accept or be hosted by a Long-Tentacled Anemone? :? Also, are there any special things I need to do to take care of one of these Anemones? :?

Thanks in advance.

awillemd1

The clown might take to the LTA but the Macrodactyla doreensis is not it's common host. It is naturally paired with the Sebae (Heteractis crispa), Ritteri (Heteractis magnifica) and Carpet (Stichodactyla gigantea). Your lighting is adequate but you must also be very careful of water quality. They are very intollerant of less than perfect conditions and it is best to wait a year or more before they should be considered if at all. You should also be aware than many anemones do not survive in captivity and have a rather high death rate.

two crabs (unknown type), one lobster (unknown type), 2 starfish (unknown type)
You should also make sure these are properly indentified. There are many types of sessile invert predators that could be a problem.

Cheers
Steve

Thank you, once again, steve-s! :)

My local fish store lead me astray on this one, but I only have myself to blame for not doing any research. :(

Do you know of any good sites I can use to help me identify my crabs, lobster, and starfish? :)

Thanks in advance.

awillemd1

Back
Top Bottom