Longnose hawkfish died

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zacheyp

Aquarium Advice Addict
i dont even know what to say, my water parametrs, 2 clownfish and royal gramma are perfect. I got home from school today and saw my "swimming picnic blanket" belly up. Any thoughts on what i should do, i only had the fish 5 days

Well if you water is fine then no. Sometime the fish is already stressed or sick and the store and then being moved into another tank can stress them even more and the are even more prone to getting sick. So that could of been it

Well if you water is fine then no. Sometime the fish is already stressed or sick and the store and then being moved into another tank can stress them even more and the are even more prone to getting sick. So that could of been it

i went to the store and they wouldnt give me any type of refund

I have never gotten a guarantee on ANY fish for sw. Only when I order online. Not sure if it's my area or if that's the norm but no one offers anything, once you leave the store with it youre done.

carey said:
I have never gotten a guarantee on ANY fish for sw. Only when I order online. Not sure if it's my area or if that's the norm but no one offers anything, once you leave the store with it youre done.

Same here, no quarantee on sw fish at my LFS.

There is one that has a 48 hr guarantee but their prices really really high. The others don't have any type of guarantee for livestock.

One thing about saltwater fish most are caught using poisons. Some fish waste away slowly and others it doesn't take long at all. I try to buy tank bred whenever possible.

Same here in Jersey :p

My LFS has 24hr on marine and 48hr on freshwater and even then you need to show perfect water parameters. If anything shows, even the least little bit, the guarantee is automatically voided.

Back
Top Bottom