looking for a coulourful reef safe wrasse, Any suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

philly

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have a 90 gallon aquarium with tangs, clownfish, gobies and im wondering about a reef safe wrasse any suggestions?

Only one tang and no Fox face if you do BTW. :wink:

As far as wrasses, stick with carpenter/fairy wrasses. They will be the least issue with mobile inverts.

Cheers
Steve

the Scott's Fairy Wrasse is very colorful and reef-safe. You may also want to look at the Royal Gramma, it is a Baslet and a wonderful fish.

I had a Scotts Fairy... Great looking fish but remeber they are jumpers. Mine jumped through the top where I had a 1/2 gap on the hood. He landed behing the tank and it took me a while to get him out. He lived through the night and died the next day :(
I'm looking for another one an this time I will put more eggcrate on the top to keep him in.
I have a blue sided wrasse in my fowler its a nice fish...

philly said:
can i have 2 or 3 reef safe wrasse in a 90 gal?

are they compatible
Depends on your current fish stock. Adding that many could tax your biofilter too much.

That said though, if you have the available space you can get a male and 2-3 females of the same species of carpenter/fairy wrasse. They will get along as long as there is only one male.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom