looking for some nice forground

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Drewbie

Aquarium Advice Freak
corals to go on my sand bed

Suggestions???

Pics would be nice as well

Drew, it works both ways.
img_997633_0_ad4b36ece063f6065f0432ebe283a9b4.gif

What does your tank look like right now? How much space to you have for forground 'scaping?

Last edited:
As long you give them enough room so they don't touch here are some softies to research:

Yellow Tonga
Toadstool Mushroom
Yellow Toadstool
Green Toadstool

Last edited by a moderator:
Both should be placed in the sand bed and will do well there.
Plate coral (Fungia species)
3862d1092072058-awsome-pink-corals-pink_plate_coral.jpg

Open Brain (Trachyphyllia)
RedBrainCoral.jpg

CS.........sorry I got called away on some very important work and have just gotten back.................................................long day!
I see others got some great ideas here,

Brain corals do great on a sandy substrate. (Pics below) Also some leathers do great on the substrate.

100_0817.JPG

000_0252.JPG

I like the brains and plate

Love acons but dam they are $$$$

small pieces of nice colour are going around 80 bucks at my LFS

Any thoughts of my Gonipora being on the sand bed on the left of that picture?

Do I need it on the rock she/he seems happy enough

Nice tank. I love your Manini. That's one of my favorite fishes. Those brains come in all sort of colors and love to be on the sand.
As far as your Gonipora...If it an'it broken, don't fix it. It seems happy enough. ;)

You could put some nice colored Zoas. i have a few small coloneys on my sand bed and they do great.. also chalice does pretty good on the sand bed and you can find some nice colorfull ones..

I have seen lots of Duncans on the sand and they grow pretty fast. With their waving tenticles they look pretty impressive. Also prices have gone down on them too.

Back
Top Bottom