Looks like I am in for a long night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

natman2

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just got back from the lfs. I intended just to look around a bit but they had some cleaner gobies on sale so I went ahead a got one of these tiny little guys.

Problem is I tested the bag water for sg and its 1.018; what the h$%@?

With my water at 1.025 and a drip acclimation in progress it should only be 4 hours before things even out :evil: . Lesson learned; don't buy fish late on a Sunday night on a whim. :eek:

Its a good thing I measured it however. I would have probably tossed this fish in after a couple of hours which probably would have meant certain acclimation sickness or at the very least big time stress.

Actually that is the norm from what I have seen. My LFs keeps theirs at 1.019 and I just did a purchase from liveaquaria. They were also at 1.019. I just have my QT tanks set up at 1.019 after I watch the fish for a few weeks I just lower it if I need to hypo or I can raise it slowly to match my main.

Problem is I tested the bag water for sg and its 1.018; what the h$%@?
This is not uncommon for LFSs. It saves money on salt and they claim it helps reduce stress on fish and keep parasites at bay.

Back
Top Bottom