Lost? as to why?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hammer

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok my first post because im not sure as what could have killed my percula clown, he has been the tank for 6 months now and doing fine when i took him out to inspect him i could find no evidence of illness or attack from other tank mates. Info on tank 65gal-salinity 1.021 Ca-450ppm No3 0 ppm Po4 .15ppm PH 8.2 and my temp is at 78. Tank mates include a Yellow tang, Firefish goby,Two banded clown with a bulb anemone, and a Red stripped goby with sand shifting star, crabs,and snails for cleanup. Does anyone have any thoughts as to what else i could be missing?

I would raise the salinity to 1.025 over a few days and raise your temp to at least 80 degrees. Maybe 81. Maybe he was just old.

Po4 .15ppm
This Is extremely High... What test kit were you using to get a reading this high.. I mean safe is about .03.. at .15 you would have algae that is Extreme.. As for the Fish I doubt your Salinity or your Temp had anything to do with it... My first suspect would be Ich since you do have a tang... But without being there I wouldnt know.. Ich can be extremely hard to see... Also Was there any sudden changes in the environment... Recent Water change? Hot day?

HTH<
James

I use the red sea reef lab for the Phosphate test. The test range is 0-.1-.2 etc. My last w/c was last sunday, as far as hot day the house stays at 75 (yeah my electric bill sucks but wth 75 feels so good )

Now that I think of it he was bigger than all the other clowns at my lfs so with any luck it was just old age. As for the PO4 levels are water changes the only way to reduce the levels?

Back
Top Bottom