lost peppermint shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gallagherjim

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
recently added six small peppermints to my tank to help with apstistia (sp)? After first day, havn't seen a single one. could they be hiding, or can i assume that they are toast. would any of my critters have munched them. my levels have stayed fine, so i don't think they are just rotting. any ideas

72gal
80lbs live rock
clown
yellow tang
bi color psudochromis
engineer goby
mandarin goby
few hermits and snails
sand sifting star
6 peppermint shrimp???

Peppermints will be nocturnal. They are scavangers if not well fed (Which is what you want...) Any new animal introduced is probably going to hide for a couple days at least. With 6 I wouldn't worry if your levels are all good and temp is stable. You can try getting out the flash light at around midnight and see if you catch them out and about..

GL

Mine usually hide for a few days. I kept adding them to my 150 cause they were disappearing, now I have 7 or 8 of them all doing fine.

thanks, also just read a past post that said the same, guess i will just have to be patient .....GO ON THE RED SOX

thanks, also just read a past post that said the same, guess i will just have to be patient .....GO ON THE RED SOX

Back
Top Bottom