< Lots of Stuff in water >

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquanaut

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hiya memberinos

My tank is about 3 months old now.Water quality is good and parameters are all normal.Its is a 30 gal.long with a 20 Gal sump/refugium.The water itself is clear but when I move something or I take my (Turkey Baster) to the LR, Poof... I get a cloud of Die Off.. Its this normal at this time. I have 10 hermits and 8 snails (a few have died recently). Diatons are FINALLY under control but bottom of tank looks like hell. I think I see the beginnings of cyano too :(

I recently hooked up my Cichlids Magnum 350 filter to help clean things up, it'll turn that tank over 10 times per hour. It is definitely making a difference. Anyone have any ideas. Maybe some more clean up guys. Thanks

Detritus happens! LOL! Just keep blowing it off and letting it get skimmed out of the tank. Oh no on the Cyano. That speaks to a phospate problem. Have you checked the usual sources (food, source water, salt, carbon)? You want to get that in check fast!

water itself is clear but when I move something or I take my (Turkey Baster) to the LR, Poof... I get a cloud of Die Off
I dont follow...are you saying that there is a lot of detrius whenever you move something. If so you should normally siphon off regularly with some small tubing...detrius will always be in your tank

recently hooked up my Cichlids Magnum 350 filter to help clean things up, it'll turn that tank over 10 times per hour. It is definitely making a difference
maybe its bowing the stuff around more...hence getting caught in the filter

Back
Top Bottom