lots of tiny bubbles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

e-cat

Aquarium Advice Addict
my skimmer has started pouring out lots of little bubbles after i had it shut off for a couple of days, iv tryed lowering the flow rate and tehre still comming out even when it is at the rate it was at when it used too for fine, any ideas?

Did you treat your tank with any medications? If so, the medicine is still present and that is what is causing the bubbles. If you wait a couple of days and then try it again it should be fine.

no meds used but i did put in some clarity by seachem too see how it works, thats probably the case then, thanx bizzybeas, i guess ill just do vigourous skimming till its gone.

This skimmer is new, correct? If so, than it is normal for a new skimmer to spit out micro bubbles. It will work itself out in a few days and the bubbles *should* go away.

its been running for a couple of weeks

Hmm, ok then. Like bizzybeas saud, it may be the additive you added to the tank that is making it produce the bubbles I guess you may have to wait it out and see what happens.

I know you said you have adjusted it, but go back and make sure it is correct. Setting the air valve so that the venturi device receives too much air will cause bubbles to pour out of my skimmer overflow so I would assume it would do the same to others.

Back
Top Bottom