Love my new lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stumpy

Aquarium Advice Activist
A few weeks ago I posted concerning differant lighting options for my 30 gal tank. I finally decided on the "all-glass"brand triple bulbs with a glass canopy. WOW, what a differance going from 20 watts to 90 watts! I still have only 1 yellow tail damsel and he his swimming all over the tank now! Before he would usually stay behind the live rock and only come out occassionally. He will be traded in as soon as my lfs gets their clowns in.

the right lights make all the difference don't they?

have fun catching that damsel... I nearly had to take out all the LR in my tank to pull out a pair of yellow tails when I started my system!

lights

I have 2 55 watt lights in my 40 gallon. I think they suck... the lighting is built in to the tank, i mean the switch is, i didnt have to buy anything seperately.

each light has 2 strips (2 white and 2 blue total)

nothing glows as much because the whites over power. how do i get 90 watt? or .. explain, what should i do.?

regarding the damsel, i wouldn't worry about catching him unless he was a problem. my yellow tail is actually on the bottom rung of the ladder. i have had no aggression problems at all with him.

Back
Top Bottom