Low PH and High KH ???????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Take your PH readings a couple different times during the day. You`ll get different readings. Also do you have lids on your tank?

Use buffer with lower PH readings like that, to get the PH back up to good levels. Looks like you use RO/DI water, so you usually have to buffer it up a bit. Don't know if it's from your CO2 reactor, though.

You can try to see that the top of the water is being agitated a little more to aid gas exchange. There may be CO2 getting trapped in the water.
Someone suggested getting a glass full of tank water and adding an airstone to it and checking the pH in it after an hour. Then check the tank water to see if they match.

130 mg/L = 7.3 dKH Thats low. I would get a hold of some SuperBuffer dKH and get that alk back in the ball park. 8 at a min preferrably 9 or 10 dKH. I would be interested to see what your ca and mg are before you raise you alk back into the 'normal' range. Ca reactors are well noted for being a source of constant PH issues so yes, it could be your reactor. Check to make sure you mg and ca are in line then add some superBuffer or the like to put alk back where it belongs. I would wait 24 hours then retest alk/ph (After about 1 hour of lights on)

Peace.

Code:
 Also do you have lids on your tank?[quote]

A lid will limit the gas exchange.

Back
Top Bottom