lps bio-load??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mazilla

Aquarium Advice Regular
i was just wondering about the bio-load of lps corals. the lfs has a sale when you buy 3 at once. i want to be sure that it wouldnt be too much of a boost in waste, if that is even something i should consider? they are small, i believe single head only. do we really have to worry about the waste by products of corals, or is it just fish we need worry about? thanks

You don't need to worry about the bioload they put off, because they don't really create waste. But what you do need to worry about is the chemical warfare aspect. LPS, just like many corals, put off chemical defenses to protect them from other corals. LPS usually have sweepers too, so they need to be spaced atleast* 5-6 inches apart. I have 4 LPS corals in my 29 gallon with no problems.

HTH

Agree. I have a lot of LPS, I love them. Some have longer sweeping tentacles than others but it is a good caution to space them out.

I agree that there is no bio load and that they need to be spaced apart. The chemical warfare if any can be handled by PWC`s and GAC. Cant wait to see pics

Back
Top Bottom