LR from swfish.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just got some from liverocks.com, they took good care of me when there was a problem with the shipping company.

From everything i have seen in the past few days ill definately get my next batch (and prolly any after lol) from liverocks.com. Great rocks great customer service great price what else could you ask for?

Hmmm....just read a post on another forum that even though it's cheaper online, getting it from the LFS for, say, $6/lb. which is precured and you get to hand pick might be an option as well. You pay more but you don't have to cure it, etc. Might just do both.

TriggerHappy said:
Hmmm....just read a post on another forum that even though it's cheaper online, getting it from the LFS for, say, $6/lb. which is precured and you get to hand pick might be an option as well. You pay more but you don't have to cure it, etc. Might just do both.

My LFS store has probably 20-30 aquariums that are probably 30 gallons filled with a few kind of LR and mine from liverock.com was much much much nicer!! Way more growth on it and just looked 100 times better. They ship overnight so you have very minimal die off if any at all. So, you don't really have to cure it that long. I"m getting 40 more lbs on wednesday and I'll take a bunch of pictures and post them up for you or anyone else to see.

go with lievrocks.com i got some rock from them and it was cured in basicly a week no joke came with some cool hitchikes too

right after I posted my last comment, i went to the lfs on my way home and paid $5/lb for 7lbs of LR. I don't regret it, but it IS kinda expensive. I'm gonna go with liverocks.com on all future purchases for sure, sounds like they have good stuff. Im gonna need at least 40 lbs more so I'll get one of their packages...well at least I got to put it in the tank right away, looks pretty good anyway... :mrgreen:

TriggerHappy
wow just 5 bucks a lb?? Here they get me paying 7 :roll: Well guess all depends on where you go.. :|

Zack said:
TriggerHappy
wow just 5 bucks a lb?? Here they get me paying 7 :roll: Well guess all depends on where you go.. :|

Yeah, no kidding!!! Here in England the cheapest I have seen Fiji rock is the equivelant of $8/pound. I do not have the luxury of LiveRock.com! :(

I did manage to score some 'African' base rock (although they called it 'premium'... it was not though) for about $6.50/lb yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom