LR hitch hikers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sicklidkid

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi, i finally got my FOWLR setup! Its looking great so far. I have about 30 lbs of LR in it right now. I have seen some cool animals on it. I was wondering if anyone could help me ID them.
I have alot of little red feather dusters all over the rock, does anyone know how big they get?

I also saw this thing that looke like it pulled sand all over its body. It has white tentales that in sticks out sometimes. pretty small.

There are also quite a few little red coral looking things on my rock. Are they corals? How big will they get?

I have also seen some small tentacles sticking out of some holes. They look like they might be part of a brittle star, but i cant be sure.

There are also these brownish tubes on the bottom of my rock. I could have sworn i saw one move.

And finally there are these to patches of green, i am pretty sure its not corraline algae, it looks almost like it made of alot of fibers like a web.
THANKS!!!!

I have alot of little red feather dusters all over the rock, does anyone know how big they get?

Probably no bigger than they are right now. Dime-size, max.

I also saw this thing that looke like it pulled sand all over its body. It has white tentales that in sticks out sometimes. pretty small.

No idea. Any chance of getting a pic?

There are also quite a few little red coral looking things on my rock. Are they corals? How big will they get?

Probably red foraminiferans. Take a peek here: >Foraminiferan (Homotrema rubrum)<

I have also seen some small tentacles sticking out of some holes. They look like they might be part of a brittle star, but i cant be sure.

Could be small Brittle Stars, or possibly a Spaghetti worm. Hard to tell.

There are also these brownish tubes on the bottom of my rock. I could have sworn i saw one move

Brownish tubes sounds like some sort of tube worm, though they don't usually move around.

And finally there are these to patches of green, i am pretty sure its not corraline algae, it looks almost like it made of alot of fibers like a web.

Not sure, could be a type of algae, could also be a sponge. Hard to say without a pic.

HTH a bit!

Not big -- we had one in our tank for a couple years, and I swear it never grew. Maybe 1/4" - 1/2". I've never seen a large one.

i hve tons of them on my rock but they still are the same size. but i did not know if that was becasue of the PC lights maybe they need MH to grow?

Back
Top Bottom