LR Sculpting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Krypt

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a few rocks in my tank that are pretty large and kinda limit the way I can stack my LR currently and I was thinking of taking them out and breaking them up with a chisel and hammer. If I chose to do this and I keep the air exposure very short, will I need to re-cure them? My instincts tell me no because with limited exposure and subsequent immersion back in the the bucket the die off will be very small if any, but I always like to get a second opinion as my "instincts" have led me astray before lol.

No. For the short period they will be out of water there will be minimal die off. I would suggest swishing the rock in a 5 gallon bucket of sw before putting it back in the tank to get rid of the dust and debris.

No. For the short period they will be out of water there will be minimal die off. I would suggest swishing the rock in a 5 gallon bucket of sw before putting it back in the tank to get rid of the dust and debris.

Thanks Cmor, just wanted to check and make sure I wasn't having a brain fart and not thinking of something that would be a danger. I may even go as far as placing them in a Rubbermaid container w/ tank water while sculpting just to make sure its all good.

I cover the rock with an old towel. It get's torn to shreds from the sharp pieces of coral rock that go flying.
+1 for eye protection!

Back
Top Bottom