Lucky power outage?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chase33

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well we just had a power outage earlier tonight and luckily it only lasted 1 1/2 hours. Naturally I suffered through it, not knowing when the power would return. The power returned before any damage was done and when the lights came on I was able to see all kinds of critters I've never seen in the tank before. Made for an exciting experience.

I hope there isn't a next time but if there is I'll have a camera nearby.

UPS :)

Pick up a UPS or battery back up if you perfer from your Local electronics store. They should be in the computer dept. that is .... if you dont already have one :)

Just gives ya that extra peace of mind that should you lose power you have at least a little bit of back up to hold ya over. Hopefuly.

Be sure not to over load them or they will drain . I have nothing on mine but the power heads , the lights ect are on the surge side and will go out with the power . Also get a gfci as well to protect you from water and electricty

Very good advice....I have mine setup to run my nano streams (7watts each) just to keep the water moving for O2 exchange. I suffered through a 8 hour power outage a few months ago and with the UPS I had no issues.

I have a 3500 watt generator my for system. I do have to be here though to get it up and running.

Thanks for the advice. What is a UPS and approximate cost?

ups is a battery back up for your computer , they can run any where from around 50 bucks to a couple grand , get the biggest one you wallet will allow . I forget where I read it but you can actually caculate the draw on your system

Back
Top Bottom