MACNA XVIII Houston Tx 2006

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfreek

Aquarium Advice Addict
The Marine Aquarium and Reef Society of Houston (MARSH) couldn’t be happier to have been selected as the host of the 18th annualMarine Aquarium Conference of North America (MACNA XVIII).

Planning is well underway and the event is shaping up to be one of the best conferences to date. There is an excellent group of speakers already confirmed and planning their presentations geared toward the theme, “Futures in Reefkeeping.” The speaker list includes: Steven Pro, Sandy Shoup, Frank Marini, Doug Weaver, Eric Borneman, Kelly Jedlicki, Anthony Calfo, Charles Delbeek, Larry Jackson, Barry Neigut, Bob Fenner, Fernando Nostratpour, Julian Sprung, Lee Goldman, Robert Di Marco, Roy Caldwell, Tom Goreau, Phillip G. Lee, and Rob Toonen.

One of the notable things different at MACNA XVIII is that there will be no concurrent speakers. Attendees will be able to enjoy as much of the conference as possible without having to choose one topic over another.

Some interesting things in the works are some exceptional and unique workshops on hobby-related topics, such as digital photography of the reef aquarium, with tips and techniques to get the most out of your digital camera.

MACNA XVIII will be held in the Westin Galleria Hotel, located within Houston’s renowned Galleria Mall – one of the nation’s largest shopping malls with more than 375 fine stores and restaurants and an impressive indoor ice rink.

In addition to events at the conference there are some exciting excursions planned for those who want to get out and see the town. Houston is home to some great nightlife and sporting events. There is really something for everyone and we are hoping to see attendees bring their whole families.

For the latest information visit us on the web at http://www.macna2006.com. Don’t forget to buy your tickets now at a reduced rate! Vendor booths are still available, but are selling fast.

Well, I finally got all my tickets. Hotel, airplane, and confernce tickets! I'll be there for sure. Can't wait! Hoping to meet up with some AA people that will be attending.

Time is now upon us. THe conference will start and be over in a week. Whom from AA is going? Regretfully I can not attend this year.

I have hopes of having some people there that can submit updated reports as to the daily events?

I'm...sitting at the airport right now! Ill try and update daily if internet service is better than it was last year...

I know myself and Hara are going. Hope others are going to try and make it.

Back
Top Bottom