MAG 36 Help needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jedihunter

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi All
I buyed one of this pumps, installed it submersed on my sump.

turned everything on and kazzzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaaaammmm

ULTRA NOISY!!!!!

I contacted the vendor and he told me perhaps the impeller is broken, how can i tell if this happened. (sorry guys no manual)

the magnetic part looks unscratched, but the propeller is loose (doesnt looks break to me,only unassembled)

any one has one of this pumps ?
please share your experience with this pumps

Regards

JH

Try putting a mousepad underneath the pump and make sure the housing is not in contact with any glass or plastic. If that kills the cut some plastic tubing in 1/2 making it into a canoe shape and lay out a bed for the pump to sit on. I find mags that sit on the bottom of a sump to be super noise, just needs a pad of some sort most likley.

I agree make sure its the pump thats noisy and not just the vibration noise its making. If you lift the pump off the bottom of the sump while its running and still submerged does alot of the noise go away? If it does then your hearing a virbration noise mostly vs the sound from the pump.

Trust me, the Mag Drive 36 is noisy, and I've since replaced it.

I used a 3/4" piece of white styrofoam under it, and it helped along with a flex connection to reduce the vibration noise. It was still rather loud.

I took a large sponge and cut it so the pump sits on top of it. I have a 24 and it's noisey enough, but they will vibrate if sitting directly on the glass and be very noisy.

Back
Top Bottom